There’s this WordPress topic that I loved reading: 21 things we irrationally love or hate.I have already written so many posts about things I love but I haven’t written about things I don’t love.
Basically I do not love the word “hate” and the word “hate” is more irrational than anything I know. I do not hate anything. I dislike many things though. And because I am a die hard mathematics loving, logic driven person, I call all my personal “dislikes” rational because I have logic to transform them from irrational to rational any day.
But just to go with the flow I would like to call this narcissistic post of mine: “21
rational irrational dislikes” and let you know why I dislike them.
- Earthworms. I know they do not bite or chase me ever. But if it rains and I have to be outside, you’ll find me staring at the pavement as if I am researching or writing a thesis about wet soil.
- Taste and smell of tangerine.
- The word “Selfie” and the unreasonable, sudden hype of it.
- Using makeup to hide pimples. I drink lots of water, eat and sleep well for weeks to heal them if they ever appear. I think I’m not a fan of quick-fixes.
Hourly/Minutely/Secondly personalFacebook updates. “What’s on your mind” cannot come out public that often unless it’s strategically or idly self-promotional.
- Dirty dishes in kitchen sink. It’s a mood-altering sight for me.
- The colors hot pink and fluorescent green.
- Greasy food.
- Bad handwriting.
- Loud Music.
- Pretentious people. In my lengthy career graph and not so lengthy life-time I have seen so many of them. They definitely achieve their short-term goals; but in long term life pretty excellently reveals them.
- Undermining the value of education.
- My glasses (spectacle), because a heavy camera and glasses are really not the best combination to click an amazing shot.
Also, 3D movies appear 6D if I wear my 2D glasses beneath 3D glasses.
- Colored outfits on busy week days. I don’t like to spend time thinking if pink goes with blue or yellow goes with green.
- Hand sanitizers. I prefer washing my hands with soaps zillion times.
- Clutters. I can’t focus on more important things unless I have a neatly organized house.
- Cleaning [Yes, the point 17 and 18 go well together in life!] .
- Some people who stand at the creative corner of my house (where I showcase my books, art works and photography) and ask when I am having a baby. I naturally love babies and will have them in future but it’s plain annoying when people ask abstract questions like this without noticing other creative things in my world.
- The question: “When are you getting married?”- asked by some people to some people. I’m already married, so I’m not asked the question. But….I don’t know why some people give this question so much importance as if it’s the most important deadline in life. Isn’t it a personal decision?
- Sugar and sugary talks. I detest both!
- When some people nag: “Don’t diet that much. You’re not fat.”, knowing I am not avoiding fatty, sugary food to win a beauty contest. I have no choice but to try my best to stay healthy after knowing the health history of my family.
*** Do you have anything that you irrationally love or hate?
**** Yes, there are 22 points. 🙂 I added one extra.